You’ll need French fromage blanc to make this recipe. If you don’t have any you can use Greek Style Natural Yogurt.
Mint and cucumber mousse
18 April 2021
: For 4 people
: 15 min
Refrigerating time : 4 hours minimum
- 2 cucumbers
- 200 gr of French fromage blanc
- 1 egg
- 3 gelatine sheets
- 4 to 6 mint stems
- salt, pepper from the mill
- Jel n Serve (1.25 l capacity or 22 cm diameter). It is also called jelly mould or moule à charlotte
- electric mixer
- Step 1 Place the gelatine sheets in a bowl and cover with cold water. Peel the cucumber, cut it into two, lengthwise and remove the seeds. Then, cut the cucumber into bits, take the leaves out of the mint stems and put them in the electric mixer along with the pieces of cucumber. Chop it up and let it drain in a fine drainer.
- Step 2 Meanwhile separate the eggwhite from the yolk, beat it with a little salt add the yolk to the cucumber mint mixture once it has been thoroughly drained. Press with your hands to make sure most of the water is out. Mix the eggwhite with the fromage blanc the salt and pepper. Remove the gelatine sheets from the cold water and warm up with three TBS of water. Then pour onto the preparation. Mix. Check the seasoning and pour in a charlotte mold. Keep it in the refrigerator for at least four hours.
- Step 3 Remove from the mold right before serving as the mousse will not hold at room temperature. Serve chilled.