It only takes about 20 minutes to prepare this frozen dessert which can be kept in the freezer for months.
This frozen tiramisu will also be appreciated by your guests for a special dinner party and you will enjoy the idea of having your dessert already prepared in your freezer and ready to serve.
Personally I have tried with only 200 g of sugar and it was excellent as well. The double cream can be replaced by 300 g mascarpone if you prefer. For those who like rum, you may also add some…
- 250 g sugar
- 4 eggs
- 15 cl of simple cream
- 150 g mascarpone
- 3 TBS bitter cocoa powder
- 1 small cup of very strong coffee
- 10 to 15 Lady finger biscuits
- 1 pack of vanilla sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- A Charlotte cake mould
- Step 1 Separate the egg whites from the yolks. Beat the yolks with the caster sugar and the vanilla sugar until the mixture is light and foamy. Beat the egg whites with a pinch of salt until they become very stiff. Gently insert the egg whites into the foamy egg yolks/sugar mixture. Then step by step add the mascarpone and the double cream and delicately mix it all together. Chop the biscuits in your food processor and add them to the preparation. Mix together.
- Step 2 Take your charlotte mould and spread 1 TBS of the cocoa at the bottom of it, cover it with the preparation and pour the strong coffee over. Repeat this operation until you finish all the ingredients. Put it in the freezer for at least 5 hours.
- Step 3 You will need to take it out of the freezer about 15’ before serving it. You may need to delicately run a little hot water on the outer shell of the tin to help unmoulding.