An easy dish to prepare at the last minute.
beef with spicy peanut sauce
Meat need to be at room temperature for 15 minutes preparation time. You can use the barbecue to cook the meat.
- 1 large beef fillet approximately 400 gr or a 400 gr roast
- 150 gr of unsalted peanuts
- 1 large bunch of coriander
- a small bunch of mint leaves
- 20 gr of fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove
- 6 green onions (spring onions)
- 4 TBS olive oil
- 2 TBS soy sauce
- salt, pepper
- 1/2 tsp Espelette chili
- 1/2 a lime
- Step 1 Start by heating up your oven or barbecue and sprinkle pepper all over the meat. Rince and roughly chop the spring onions (I use white and a little of the green part set aside). Rinse the mint bunch separate the leaves from the stem and slice them into little pieces with scissors. Do likewise with the coriander. Set the herbs aside. Use a garlic press to crush the ginger root as well as the garlic cloves on top of a pan add the spring onions and heat up in olive oil 4 to 5 minutes.
- Step 2 Once this has cooled down, add the lime juice the soja sauce and then the chili. Add salt and pepper, taste and adjust. Taste again. Add half the fresh herbs or more, stir well, the peanuts need to be a little crushed and roasted before inserted into the sauce.
- Step 3 You may now cook the meat. Let it stand away from fire for 5 minutes before slicing. Place the slices on a table dish. Add the rest of the fresh herbs to decorate and pour the sauce onto the meat. Serve immediately with a mixed salad, rice or cucumber salad.