Very popular and irresistible in America these treats make a delicious snack.
ALISON'S RICE KRISPIE TREATS
Need to cool 20 minutes before serving.You can also prepare these treats with only white marshmallows and add edible glitter or sprinkles for special events.
- 45 gr unsalted butter, plus a little extra to grease
- 300 gr mini pink marshmallows
- 180 gr of rice krispies
- Step 1 Melt the butter in a large, heavy-based saucepan over a low heat. Add the marshmallows and cook gently until they are completely melted and blended, stirring constantly using a spatula.
- Step 2 Take the pan off the heat and immediately add the cereals, mixing lighly until well coated. Press the mixture into a greased 32X23 pan with your hands. To deal with the sticky mixture Alison would suggest wetting your hands or using parchment paper.
- Step 3 Leave to cool. Once set cut into pieces to serve.